MT Hughes (Marion)
B.Eng Chem. Eng, Pr.Eng, C.Eng, FIChemE, FSAIChE, AIChE, BPEQ, SPE
Marion has over thirty five years’ experience in various fields including oil & gas, refining, chemicals and metallurgical projects. She has extensive experience in many aspects of process engineering design, project controls (estimating, planning/scheduling) and project management and her experience extends from pre-feasibility and concept development to field check-out, commissioning and construction assistance.
Most recently, Marion has been working on a variety of projects including:
- Process consulting for hydrogenation of soybean oil to soy wax
- Project and process consulting and risk management for petroleum products pipeline decommissioning project
- Process consulting and risk management for a new gas gathering and process plant to produce LNG and liquid Helium
- Project and process consulting and risk management for various oil & gas-related projects
- Project management and process consulting for a new multi-billion Rand BMR facility
- Process consulting for a new terminal offloading and storage facility for petroleum products in South Africa
- Project management for a new gas recovery and GTL project in Rwanda
- Process technical consulting on equipment types and manufacturing processes for a client in the Middle East
- Process consulting to the owners team for a plant expansion in Mozambique
- Pre-feasibility study for handling chemical streams for Sasol, Secunda
- Technical consulting to the engineering/owners team on the basic & detailed engineering for a new potash project in the Republic of Congo
- Leading a significant number of IHAZID risk assessments using RiskMan2 (RM2) and Process Hazard Assessments (PHA HAZOPs) in the offshore and on-shore environment for Chevron, Angola
Recent involvement has been in off-shore HAZAN safety compliance and process design for a number of refineries (including tank farm and pipelines), in South Africa and in the Sub-Saharan region. Work has included conceptual designs, cost estimates and process option evaluations.
Marion has worked as a process engineer in the hydrocarbon, food, metallurgical and environmental industries and managed several conceptual design studies for Sasol, Secunda as well as doing work with CabGOC (Chevron Texaco) and the Monitor Group.
Marion is an active member of ECSA’s PAC for Chemical Engineering, is a Chevron-qualified RiskMan 2 (RM2) facilitator and she has been an invited speaker to a number of conferences including the Catalyst Symposium, Women in African Petroleum & Energy, African Oil & Gas Convention and Africa Downstream.
SH Batzofin (Stanley)
BSc.Eng (Chemical), MSc (Automation), B.Com, Pr.Eng, C.Eng, FIChemE, FSAIChE
Stanley has over thirty six years’ engineering experience in process design in both the contracting environment and in plant operations technical departments.
As Operations Director, Stanley is responsible for day-to-day operations in engineering and process disciplines. He performs study and project management, risk management services and specialised process engineering in the refinery, petrochemical, Oil & Gas and chemical Industries. He is also responsible for marketing to these industries and ensuring that Value-Added services are provided to all clients.
Current projects include process consulting for a soybean oil hydrogenation process, process design for a petroleum products pipeline, process design for gas pressure let-down and conditioning stations, feasibility studies for gas recovery from Lake Kivu, process consulting for fuel and gas pipelines and terminals and HAZOPs for various facilities.
Previous projects include technical management of a project to recover excess alcohols from Chemical Work-up at Sasol, Hazard Analysis for offshore oil platforms and onshore facilities for Chevron (PHA and IHAZID facilitation), HAZOP facilitation for various tankfarm, terminal pipeline systems and Process Consulting for various terminal, pipeline and refinery projects.
Previously as New Business Director he was responsible for hydrocarbon process design and development, as well as technology and process engineering execution of projects to the refinery, oil and gas, petrochemical and chemical industries.
Stanley has been a process consultant on various projects, including front-end refinery studies in South Africa and various other African countries to ensure value is added by process engineering. He was also involved in value engineering studies to identify opportunities for lower capital and/or operating costs. Previously Stanley was Manager of the Process and Mechanical Departments at Fluor Daniel. His previous experience includes many hydrocarbon revamps, including projects to upgrade an FCCU and a Naphtha Hydrotreater and installation of an electrostatic precipitator at Caltex, debottlenecking of an alcohol recovery and a chemical work up plant for Sasol. Further experience includes projects to upgrade the Mossgas refinery fractionation, hydrogenation and storage facilities, as well as the renovation of Sasol I, which included offsites and utilities, an ammonia plant and hydrogenation and fractionation of paraffins and waxes.
Previously Stanley was Manager of the Process and Mechanical Departments at Fluor Daniel. His previous experience includes many hydrocarbon revamps, including projects to upgrade an FCCU and a Naphtha Hydrotreater and installation of an electrostatic precipitator at Caltex, debottlenecking of an alcohol recovery and a chemical work up plant for Sasol. Further experience includes projects to upgrade the Mossgas refinery fractionation, hydrogenation and storage facilities, as well as the renovation of Sasol I, which included offsites and utilities, an ammonia plant and hydrogenation and fractionation of paraffins and waxes.